Monday, May 9, 2016

Building a Ubuntu Server - Part 5 - Multi-part Series

I've done a lot over the last few days with setting up my server, including setting up my UPS, enabling remote access via SSH and setting up the firewall and hardening the system.

This post I wanted to quickly show everyone how I setup my UPS.

The basics are covered in this page for my UPS Setup.

Setting up a UPS is fairly trivial, as you can see. All you need to do is install the apcupsd package, update the config file and enable the service to run. From there it is smooth sailing and the daemon will monitor the AC input and gracefully shutdown the system should power or battery drop below acceptable thresholds.

I feel pretty confident that my system will survive power spikes or outages and the RAID array will not suffer from inconsistencies caused by random power loss.

Building a Ubuntu Server - Part 4

No comments:

Post a Comment