Monday, February 19, 2007

Kcontrol updates again...

I just finished some additional work on the kcontrol module integration for the new Kickoff menu from SUSE.

After a few days of playing around with Kdevelop's interface designer, I think I now have a better handle on the whole UI design via XML. I never realized how easy it actually is to integrate new changes into KDE and have them automatically work without any real effort. Cudos to the designers on making such a great environment.

Anyway, here is the latest screen grab from kcontrol...

4 comments:

  1. hey, this integration is really great. but how can I find the kickoff-preferences in kcontrol? I just emerged kicker with the kickoff-flag. Is this not enough?

    Regards

    blauenuss

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Kcontrol preferences are located under Desktop / Panels and select the menus Tab (where you normally configure the Legacy K-Menu).

    Cheers,

    Rod.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the answer. i found this section. but unfortunately kickoff part. only the configuration for the legacy k-menu. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe you may not have compiled kicker with the kickoff flag. Can you re-emerge kicker with the kickoff flag and then emerge kcontrol? The two are dependant upon being emerged with kickoff and in that order.

    Cheers,

    Rod.

    ReplyDelete