Tuesday, June 16, 2009

usb-creator-kde - update and screenie

The creator is steadily moving along. Right now the main stumbling blocks are gobject calls in the backend and the use of a DBusGMainLoop in the backend.

Together, these constitute a non-working backend for PyKDE/PyQt. KCrash has become a nightmare.

In order to get around this, we need to pull out the gobject and DBusGMainLoop and move them somewhere related to the frontend. At that point I can re-implement the bits I require as PyKDE/PyQt code, while maintaining a common backend code base.

I've taken the first step, and moved DBusGMainLoop to the gtk frontend via a wrapper. I have re-implemented similar functionality via the same wrapper in the kde frontend using DBusQtMainLoop.

Next on the list is to rip out the gobject calls... I suspect a couple of days before I get that all figured out... (unless I get a real dose of inspiration).

Anyway, here's the screenshot as promised, so you know it's not all pie-in-the-sky :)