Tuesday, April 17, 2007

State of the Nation...

Well, no - not really... more a state of what I am working on currently (or more accurately - haven't been).

I've been pretty busy with work as of late, just having returned from Mississausa for our quarterly managers meeting.

Anyway, it's been a number of weeks since I last provided any updates, so here goes:

1) Wine-Doors is progressing nicely. I have been testing snapshots of the application on and off, and I think this is going to be a great little application.

2) Bug fixes and general ebuild updates - it's a constant battle to ensure we keep up with the latest portage revisions. Most times I get the ebuilds bumped on the same day, however, if I do not, wait 24 hours before posting a bump request as a courtesy. No one likes a zero day bump request

3) Teaching myself python. Yep, I went out and bought my first dummies guide for python. I already know how to program in about 10+ languages, so python should be a breeze. Really, all I need are the basics for the syntax, etc. Anyway, the goal here is to get up to speen on python so I can possibly write some screenlets myself :)

Anyway, I hope to get back to tackling some of the items on my TODO list soon.

1 comment: